Thursday, January 12, 2006

FONDLE SWEATERS



Oh delightful night. There's a killer show. A killer party. A Baxter. Tonight night at Rothko is Product Shop NYC's big party! The show will feature sets by some of the most buzzed about bands, including Group Sounds, Tapes 'N Tapes, and Sam Champion. Following the music, the venue will host the We Are Scientists after-party, with dj sets from Michael Showalter and Tarts of Pleasure.

Look at these finger monkeys that Ellen posted on my myspace! you could punch their little faces in with your pinky!!! And then eat them.


Hi. Hello!

I'm in a great mood today. I'm listening to Brand New's Deja Entendu for the first time in ages and it's so fucking good. I didn't forget how good it is, but it's been so long since I've had a chance to listen to it. I used to fall asleep to this album everynight and wipe my emo tears on my pillow case. I guess i'm just a happier person these days. I think i've said "I love this song" about 83 times to Nick Snow, my intern who is sitting behind me now.

Thank you Matt Ferro for sending me Pokemon Kid.

So... what's new? Tuesday night I DJed with Karen at the Darkroom. It was your typical night, but for whatever reason, i think everyone was out to bone. People flirted, drank, flirted some more. Yeah, Lindsay Lohan and Kate Moss were there requesting songs and getting stoked over Gang of Four. I went to my friend Jessica's birthday party earlier in the night and had a bit too much to drink, so that by the time i got to the darkroom, things were a bit fuzzy. I kept on drinking. At one point Karen went to have a smoke and left me to my own devices behind the decks. Kate came up with a friend and asked if she could pick songs. I pointed her in the direction of Karen's iPod since my cds are mostly unmarked mixes. She picked out a Kinks song, i think. Her friend picked out the song "What katie did" by the libertines. Karen returned. Lindsay came up to the DJ booth and completely got stoked on us playing Gang of Four and I slurred some words to her. She's adorable. both of them pocket sized. I would throw them in my pocket and bring them to karen's where we could talk about the editors record.

Nick Snow gave me a copy of Harold & Maude cause i've never seen it. That's tonight pre-DJ activity. STOKESVILLE, USA. POPULATION: ME.

No comments: