Saturday, July 5, 2008

FRIDAY NIGHT 90S PLAYLIST

Here's a section of what I played last night at the Hanger Bar. It's not my entire set, but only from when I remembered to start writing down what I was playing:

Flagpole Sitta - Harvey Danger
Today - Smashing Pumpkins
Doll Parts - Hole
Bullet with Butterfly Wings - Smashing Pumpkins
Molly's Lips - Nirvana
1979 - Smashing Pumpkins
Debaser - Pixies
Somebody to Shove - Soul Asylum
36 degrees - Placebo
Laid - James
Movin' On Up - Primal Scream
Disco 2000 - Pulp
Breed - Nirvana
Trickster - Radiohead
Stay Away - Nirvana
To the One I Love - REM
What's the Story Morning Glory - Oasis
Hum - Sheila Divine
Loser - Beck
In the Meantime - Spacehog
Song 2 - Blur
I Wanna Be Adored - Stone Roses
Love Me - Cardigans
Trash - Suede
Violet - Hole
Sorry Again - Velocity Girl
Torn - Natalie Imbruglia
Waiting Room - Fugazi
Semi-Charmed Kind of Life - Third Eye Blind
When I Argue I See Shapes - Idlewild
Here and Now - Letters to Cleo
Stay - Lisa Loeb
Closing Time - Semisonic

* Thrid Eye Blind was played by request.
* If you never heard "Hum" by Sheila Divine, you MUST! It's so perfect.
* I know that Fugazi's "Waiting Room" was from 1989, but I stuck it in my playlist anyway.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow. can you come play a set in chicago?

Anonymous said...

Great playlist, but you definitely need some Guided by Voices in there! :)

Ultragrrrl said...

I will go play anywhere! but i just need a ticket to get there, a place to stay, and some cashish.

also, love guided by voices. you're totally right about that.

heykerri said...

im from 1989 too!

Anonymous said...

i wanna be adored is from 1989 too, you daft cunt.

Anonymous said...

That was a good playlist.

Tankboy said...

Jesus, half of that looks like something I would have actually DJed in the mid-'90s!

As for Chicago, I already sent you a message, so if you still are looking for hipster / dance parties to contact, let me know.

And anonymous Chicago commenter, if you like that playlist, contact me and I'll tell YOU where a bunch of like-minded musical parties are in town.

eggshen said...

"i wanna be adored is from 1989 too, you daft cunt."

actually, the album was released on my 8th birthday in 1989 -- the single was released in 1991 you silly twat.

Anonymous said...

"the one i love" is from 11987. just saying.

Anonymous said...

No E-40, therefore my ruling is that it does not rule. An A for effort as always, though.

Ultragrrrl said...

""the one i love" is from 11987. just saying."

IT'S FROM THE FUTURE!?!?

Anonymous said...

eggsheen you made no point whatsoever. now fuck off

Unknown said...

I saw the shelia devine at the mercury in 2002 or 2003 Hum was one of my favorite songs in college and i was really pumped. They they didn't play it. Their only semi hit and they didn't even play it. When I asked them why they said they were concentrating on new stuff. Incredibly disspointing.

wool and misc said...

you are on my television right now. i was also watching you from the treadmill. thud.