Wednesday, December 24, 2008

VINCENT GALVIN 1983-2008

I'm going to miss my dear friend Vinny so much. I've been missing him for months, but I will never see him again, now. I should've gotten together with him when i had the chance. I hate myself for that.

This was his last bit of work. He produced this Amazing Baby video. It's gorgeous:



Memorial and Viewing info:

Subject: Funeral Services for Vincent Galvin JR.

wake services for Vincent F Galvin JR,
will be held on Sunday December,28,2008
viewing will be from 4pm to 9:00pm
Christian Burial mass will be at St Eugen's
will be on Monday December 29,2008






Flynn Memorial Home, Inc.
1652 Central Park Avenue
Yonkers, New York 10710
Phone: (914) 963-5178
Fax: (914) 793-2300

From Bronx / Manhattan
From Manhattan take either the West Side Highway north to the Cross Bronx Expressway east or the FDR north to the Willis Avenue Bridge...
Then take the Major Deegan Expressway north which becomes the New Yrok State Thruway (I-87). Take I-87 into Yonkers to Exit 5 (Central Park Ave., Rt 100, White Plains). Go 3/4 miles and stay in right lane. Go directly under green sign that says Tuckahoe Road. Go 1 block past traffic light, white bu ilding on right.
From the Bronx, take Bronx River Parkway north to Sprain Parkway. The first exit off Sprain Parkway is Central Avenue. Stay in right lane and go under green sign that says Tuckahoe Road. Go 1 block past traffic light, white building on right.
From Connecticut / Northern Westchester
I-95 south; or Merrit Parkway south; or I-684 south;
Take any of these to I-287 west (Cross Westchester Expressway) to Sprain Parkway south to Tuckahoe Road East Exit. Go 5 lights on Tuckahoe Road and turn left onto Central Park Ave. The funeral home is the white building, 1 block up on the right.
Taconic Parkway south or Saw Mill Parkway south to Sprain Parkway south to Tuckahoe Road East Exit. Go 5 lights on Tuckahoe Road and turn left onto Central Park Ave. The funeral home is the white building, 1 block up on the right.
From Long Island

Throgs Neck Bridge to New England Thruway (I-95 north) to Hutcinson Parkway north; or White Stone Bridge to Hutchinson Parkway north;
Take Hutchinson Parkway north to Exit 13, Cross Coun ty Parkway to Exit 4N, Central Park Avenue north. Go 3/4 miles and stay in right lane and go directly under green sign that says Tuckahoe Road. Go 1 block past traffic light, white building on right.
From Southern New Jersey

Take George Washington Bridge to the Major Deegan Expressway north. The Major Deegan becomes the New York State Thruway (I-87). Take I-87 through the Bronx and into Yonkers to Exit5 (Central Park Ave., Rt 100, White Plains). Go 3/4 miles. Stay in right lane and go directly under green sign that says Tuckahoe Road. Go one block past traffic light, white building on right side.
From Upstate New York / Northern New Jersey

Take I-87 south over the Tappan Zee Bridge. Stay on I-87 south to Exit 6E, Tuckahoe Road East. Go 8 lights on Tuckahoe Road and turn left onto Central Park Avenue. The funeral home is the white building, 1 block up on right.
From Train / Bus Service
Take the Metro-North Harlem Line from Grand Central Station to the Bronxville stop. There is a taxi stand at the station and a short ride to the funeral home.
Take the No. 4 Subway tain from Grand Central Station to the Woodlawn Station in the Bronx (the last stop). Then take the No. 20 Westchester Beeline Bus and get off at Tuckahoe Road. Walk 1 block north to funeral home.
The No. 20 Westchester Beelin Bus can be taken from White Plains south to the funeral home, or from the Woodlawn Subway Station in the Bronx. This bus runs the entire length of Central Park Avenue and also makes stops in Hartsdale and Scarsdale. From either direction get off at Tuckahoe Road.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you don't mind me asking... how did he die?

Ultragrrrl said...

No idea.

Lawrence said...

One of the longest phone conversations I ever had was with Vinny this past summer. I was walking my bike through three miles of woods at Bear Mountain when he called. He was in Tenafly and was looking for locations to shoot scenes, specifically, a Chinese restaurant. So, I had to direct him through Tenafly, then Englewood, then back and forth. It was crazy! At one point, I thought it would've been easier for him to piok me up from Bear Mountain because that would've been faster than me trying to remember every store on every street. I never did get to see the end product of his shoots.

We'll all miss him.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2147/2261527333_b4214a90b9_m.jpg

Anonymous said...

We had plans to go to brunch this past sunday- ihave no idea what happened and it makes me sad. Lawrence- I was in the car during that tenifly phone call-thanks for the help-i was the director of that vid that Vince produced for me- it was such a pleasure to work with him- if you want to see it - the bands name is Alternate Routes - "the future's nothing new" -I will be driving from brooklyn if anyone needs a ride. -

Anonymous said...

was he the one in this video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLfInPT1tKk&feature=channel_page

Elizabeth Curran said...

I just found this out through facebook and cannot believe it.

I met Vinnie through Sarah over a year ago and he was such a pure hearted, beautiful, funny, smart, witty, charming, loveable guy.

The world is much darker place without him, and less cool!

How could someone so bright and talented be taken at such a young age.

Horrible news. I can't believe I'll never see soitgoesnyc pop up in my ichat again.

Vincent Galvin, you are sorely missed.

Zani W. said...

D:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.