Tuesday, November 4, 2008

RANDY FROM THE MYRIAD HAS BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH CANCER

A little under a year ago I participated in an MTV2 contest called the Dew Circuit Breakout, which was a sort of battle-of-the-bands that would give small bands a music video and guaranteed exposure on MTV2. I was on the panel of judges, which included Pete Wentz from Fall Out Boy and Gabe Seporta from Cobra Starship. I picked the winning band The Myriad. Hollur! That's why my fucking ears are paid the big bucks! (that's a joke. i'm poor a sin).

I just found out today via Maura@Idolator that Randy from The Myriad recently got diagnosed with Cancer and his not-so-helpful insurance plan will most likely put his family into financial crisis. It kills me -- Randy was such a sweetheart when I met him. To find out that he's got a wife and two kids is just too heartbreaking. The band is asking fans to help Randy Miller and his family out!

CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT HOW TO HELP

A few people I know have been diagnosed with cancer and are either in remission or currently fighting their battle. As we moan and groan about our own personal financial crises, please remember those who are even less fortunate to deal with health issues like cancer. Whether it's how you vote, how you donate money, or just giving your friends the love and support they need -- everything helps.

My love goes to Randy Miller and his family, and my other friends who are suffering from Cancer. You know who you are... obviously.

PS - One thing that one of my friends does is employ the "Cancer Card". When it comes to picking a song, a place to eat, or a movie, she uses her "Cancer Card" to have the final say. I guess there's at least one perk, right?

No comments: