Friday, March 4, 2005

I BACKED MY CAR INTO A COP CAR THE OTHER DAY... YEAH!!

I have played the Kidz Bop version of "Float On" about 39 times today, and finally when the grown-ups left to embark on their weekend out of the office, I decided to unplug my headphones and blast the song, which caused a small stir around my desk with the remaining kids. They wanted to know what the fuck I was listening to and dancing to at my desk. I showed them the soundscan charts from this week and pointed to the #7 chart position the Kidz Bop Volume Seven occupied.

I shit you not. Last week, 73,502 people purchased the compilation... meaning, that there could potentially be about 73,502 hipster kids floating around our playgrounds in the very near future drinking redbull while making fun of their peers for their symmetrical haircuts and lack of deconstructed Spongebob Squarepants Tshirts.

Here are my suggestions for Kidz Bop Volume 8:

The Go! Team - "Huddle Formation"
The Arcade Fire - "Rebellion (Lies)"
The Spinto Band - "Oh Mandy"
The Oohlas - "Gone"
Louis XIV - "God Killed The Queen"
Interpol - "Evil" ("Rosemary... YEAH!... Heaven restores you in life... YEAH!)
Giant Drag - "This Isn't It"
The Killers - "Mr. Brightside" (just for the sake of the super inappropriate lyrics being sung by 8 year olds)
Franz Ferdinand - "Michael"

No comments: