Friday, March 4, 2005

LAST CALL FOR SIN

I went to see Motley Crue lastnight -- and despite the fact that I really dont like them -- i really loved the show. It's sad that none of today's newer bands can/try to pull off the huge stadium spectacle that big. Madonna, Jane's Addiction, and the Crue all "bring it" when they play MSG, yet when I saw Coldplay and Radiohead there, it was just like attending one of their shows at roseland or something, but with more people there with me. Now, don't get me wrong, I loved those two shows a lot... but it'd be nice if there were some theatrics to today's live shows. When the Killers play stadiums eventually, I want to see Brandon Flowers start to rise up and fly over the crowd during the last two minutes of "All These Things That I've Done" as fire blasts from the stage and glitter falls from the ceiling and little people dressed as angels fly up from the audience.

Anyway, my lunch just arrived and I'm hungover and starving.

Here's a photo of me and the Vicar pretending to be models for some fashion shoot about new bohemia fashion and misshapes that my friend Seige took for Metropop magazine.

ADDED: Go here and watch Patches the Horse. Something seems very strange to me about this clip, particularly since it shows a horse eating a burger.

No comments: