Monday, September 24, 2007

SCI-FI LULLABIES

In case you wondering what former Suede guitarist Bernard Butler has been up to, he's been working with this artist that's signed to Island/Mercury named Duffy, who is apparently this teenaged girl from England. She's got this creepy haunted voice but looks like a doll. When we were in Miami for some A&R conference, Dave Massey played us a song they did together called "Rockferry" that was absolutely stunning. I listened to it about 30 times in one day and I think that when it gets out there, people will be floored. Anyway, check out this video of Butler and Duffy doing "Syrup and Honey".



And for shits and giggles, remember American Gladiator? Nick Snow sent this to me today and it's just absolutely classic:

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Suede

DTC said...

yeah, um, dude was guitarist for suede. nick mccabe played for the verve.

Ultragrrrl said...

Ugh, that's what I meant. Not sure what I was thinking... other than butler played in the verve for a week.

Ultragrrrl said...

i even had a suede album title as the title of this post and in my tags. weird.

Anonymous said...

sarah-

am i the only one that thinks that the "meg white sex tape" actually looks like you?

love to ya-
jaime

Ultragrrrl said...

you're the first to say it... we look alike, so i'm just glad nobody is claiming that that's an "ultragrrrl sex tape"

Anonymous said...

you should start that rumor- good for publicity!

Anonymous said...

"takin' in some cosmic rays... getting healed by mother nature."


swweeet.

nick snow, still watchin' some old and classic american gladiators huh?

Anonymous said...

malibu is a "child of mother nature" but his hair sure isn't

Anonymous said...

Bernard Butler is still the most shit-hot (shit-hottest?) guitarist I have ever seen. He made me want to play guitar.

However, I'm a shit guitarist so maybe he's a bad influence.

darsane said...

Thank you for your information my friend.

black suit said...

So entertaining I like the voice of lullabies.