Monday, July 18, 2005

SING TO ME IN FRENCH

Are you fucking kidding me with this Maximo Park video for "Graffiti"? Chances are the director of this video will never see this (but the director of the interpol video with the puppet did, so who knows)... but incase he/she does... THANK YOU FOR FOCUSING ON THE KEYBOARDIST! The rest of the members are fantastic as well, but there's an undeniable magnetism to the keyboard player. He's totally sexy. He looks like a mixture of Brett from Suede and Alex from Franz Ferdinand, and hs this sickly gorgeous look about him throughout... even when he's doing potentially ridiculous thins. I've watched this video about 30 times in a row just now (or so it feels like) and i can't stop staring at the boy -- and the song is one of my favorites from the album with it's joy division bridge. So good. I think part of the reason i can't keep my eyes off the keyboard player has something to do with when Karen and I djed their after party and he and a female friend took over the floor and were the most adorable dancers I'd ever seen. I nearly started crying watching them dance around, not caring about anyone else at the club who might see them and laugh at their moves. The two were staring so happily at each other, spinning around, and looking like young lust. at one point the girl lifted the boy up into the air and spun him around as he bent over and kissed her. it was the sweetest and most adorable thing I'd ever seen -- almost as if out of the part of the movie when the two characters realize that they're in love and embrace for the first time -- and i never wanted it to end.

No comments: