Thursday, June 12, 2008

REMEMBER ORCHARD BAR CIRCA 2005?

OK, so Karen and I have been doing the Hanger Bar for Stolen Transmission for a while, and it was kinda dead for a while. Well, not totally dead because it's been filled with our buddies and shit, but then... for the past few weeks, shit has been picking up. The dance floor has been like the Orchard Bar dance floor was when we did Stolen Transmission there with Ed, Dan, Mark, Josh and Eben. (by the way, they all got jobs which is why they're not at Hanger with us now... so sad)

TONS of making out
TONS of mayhem
TONS of dancing

But like it was with Orchard Bar, it's all done in a low-key way where you can hide and you can get away with being there with your friends and nobody will even know. Seriously, I can count on both hands how many times people were there, but I had no clue, but like, then they send me pictures and I'm like WTF? I don't know how that's possible, but it's been happening.

OK, and then remember at Orchard Bar when we'd DJ stuff like Harvey Danger and other 90s stuff and everyone would semi-freakout? Well, we finally took that as a hint and decided that we should be playing ONLY 90S MUSIC. That means you WONT hear MIA. you WONT hear the Ting Tings. you WONT even hear Joy Division. If you wanna hear those things, Trash does their party around the corner filled with tons of very fashionable PYTs. Our party is the anit-fashion....just like the 90s.

So put on your favorite doc martins, your favorite slip dress, your favorite converse, yoru favorite ripped jeans. Don't bother washing your hair, you'll sweat anyway... and washing your hair was so lame in the 90s.

See you tomorrow night, I hope. Oh, and add the party on MySpace.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

90s muzak every friday?

Anonymous said...

Pleeeeeease come to my club night and convince me that someone still gives a shit about me.

Anonymous said...

so you are only playing shit music? ie. the only music you know. WOW! sign me up to your i-can't-be-bothered-learning-anything-about-music-ever-yet- i-call-myself-a-dj-slash-music-writer shitfest.
I find it very insulting that you deem to involve yourself in the music scene, and get recognition for that, and yet you still can't be bothered actually learning anything about music?! Don't you feel at all retarded for that? Educate yourself! It's not that fucking hard, honestly.

Ultragrrrl said...

what makes you assume that i dont know anything about music? you really have no way of knowing that. you would also be very wrong.

SnapSnapScribble said...

@ 'Anonymous' - so if someone wants to play a genra/era of music to a crowd that clearly loves it, why does that make them un-educated and retarded? I didn't realise that dj's had to play 'the complete history of good music ever ever ever' to be good. Surely the success of a club night and dj is reflected in the number of people that regularly turn up and enjoy themselves.

"I find it very insulting that you" seem to think it's ok to criticise someone's intellect, and do it all under the title of 'anonymous'. You may well need to "educate yourself" in the art of good manners and not making yourself look like an arrogant self-important music snob that has nothing better to do with their time but moan.

Respectfully yours!

Anonymous said...

I hope this doesn't come of as snarky, but is this the kind of thing anyone can get into or will a geek from CT end up driving in for nothing if he doesn't meet some level of cool?

Are you gonna write about the Rob Dickinson show anywhere? I'm pretty sure I saw you there, even though I didn't get up the nerve to actually say hi or anything.

mens dress shirts said...

I really love stolen transmission party I had a blast.