Friday, March 26, 2004

IN STEREO GUM

Scott Stereogum is DJing sunday afternoon at Pianos for the Day After Party. Johnny Cragg from the twentytwos is also DJing and Poor Harvey is performing. I dont know anything really about Poor Harvey, but after listening to one (1) mp3, I think they sort of sound like the Libertines. I like the Libertines, and i like their companion band Razorlight, so I guess I would like Poor Harvey.

Speaking of the Libertines... A Tale of Two Hoachers posted this fantastic link on their blog. Who are the Two Hoachers? Well, I know them. They're both british. One is from Essex but lives in London now, and the other is from Scotland and if it weren't for his fantastic skills as a writer/drinker/drunk you wouldn't be able to understand a word he says. I've made out with one of these hoachers, but that's not important. What is important is that they're pretty much the Libertines of the bloggaz, posting poetic gibberish mostly when drunk (and under the same name). A girl could only hope that they post more often, but alas, the Scotsman is a drunken stoodent and the other one is often busy attending to his hair. Please, you two hot men, please post more.

The link is of the two libs singing on the Jonathan Ross show.

Also, Nick Zinner from the Yeah Yeah Yeahs is having a photography exhibition starting today and ending on April 3rd at Gavin Brown's Enterprise at Passerby - 436 West 15th Street, between 9th & 10th. I'm gonna check it out tonight before heading over to NJ for shabbat dinner. I'm expecting to see lots of photos of hotel rooms.

No comments: