Tuesday, August 31, 2004

SHIPWRECKED!

I came down to miami to cover the VMAs, got lost trying to find the EZ Car rental place by the Ft. Lauderdale airport, and am now stuck in Miami until tomorrow morning because all the flights were booked til then since there will be a hurricane here in a bit. The upside to that is that I got to go night swimming with a friend in the ocean. As we were swimming she pointed to a glow i the distance. We stood there watching the glow become more intense with each passing moment, trying hard to figure out what it was. Apocalyptic visions mixed with Lord of the Rings like fantasies were quickly nulled once we realized that it was just a very large full moon rising. I need to stop being so paranoid. We were ready to die right there from either a nuclear bomb or the gigantic eye from LOTR.

Now I'm in an internet cafe and for some reason i cant check my work email from here. I saw Hilary Duff eating lunch and nearly broke down and told her that I loved her new single (i do)... but mostly cause I'm i dire need of human interaction with someone who was at the VMAs so we can discuss how boring they were.

I did get to meet Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen, but I'll write about that in SPIN. And I got kicked out of one of the SPIN parties... it was so worth it. Nobody from SPIN knew i was kicked out til the next day though, and thought it was hilarious.

I'm also broke. That's not so hilarious.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

wish you would have met ashlee instead of ashley

Ultragrrrl said...

OH! I actually did meet ashlee too!

Anonymous said...

that's so cool...hate to request, but would love to hear anything about that meeting...have a safe trip back to NYC.

Jane said...

MK and A?!!! Can't leave us haning like that!

Lawrence said...

That's a pic of you, MK & A.

Justin said...

did MK & A invite you to join their lollipop guild?

Raised By Bees said...

Just from an average teevee viewer's experience, the audience sounded like a Girls Gone Wild video. I wouldn't know if it looked like one but I wouldn't be surprised. You probably got kicked out of the SPIN party because you weren't drunk ENOUGH.

Sara

Adi said...

ashlee! i love her cd. you totally need to take her under your wing, though.

Anonymous said...

I kind of hope this comes of as stalker-ly as it is:
I am a 15 year old boy (we're off to a great start) who is in love with you. Let's just lay it out there. I have been reading you in SPIN for years, darling, and you know I tuned into all those damned VH1 shows. So imagine my surprise when I see a link to your BLOG, well, I may have stopped breathing. But only for a few minutes. I think you are quite hilarious, ad rather cute in those pictures in SPIN of you and...famous people. I have absolutely no idea where this is going, but maybe you love me too, and you just didn't find out until now. I hope you comment back to me, because that would make me feel incredibly special. I hope i didn't spell anything wrong in this because that would be terribly embarassing. I'm not cool enough for a "Blogspot", but you can mos def check out my LiveJournal at http://www.livejournal.com/users/zimsa/ I mean, if you have the time in between your surely busy schedule.

I love you.

-sam

Anonymous said...

Hey sam, please join the back of the queue -- I got here first!

the_management said...

Awww... these guys are adorable!

Anonymous said...

OK, so, Sarah. Now I guess I'm at the "back of the queue". Oh, well. I hope you'll still love me. I have so much...shame!

-sam

Jane said...

Ultra, I love you too.

Jane said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lawrence said...

Hey, all of you who claim they love Sarah, here's how you can show it:

1. When she misses a flight, be at her beck and call to show up at the airport to pick her up;
2. Make sure she gives all her paperwork to her accountant and her taxes get filled out on time and get mailed;
3. See to it that any plumbing work or general carpentry in her apartment gets done. Also, on occassion, offer to clean up her apartment;
4. Walk her dog in New Jersey four times a day. The dog is blind and old so it takes about 10 minutes just to get her out of the house each time;
5. Offer to serve as chauffeur for her deejay gigs. Also, pay for dinner and drinks;
6. Her refridgerator is a mess. Be sure to clean it out and buy her groceries if anything is needed;
7. Rent is always a distraction. Feel free to pay it for her.

Thanks!

Ultragrrrl said...

Lawrence has it right.

Anonymous said...

I can have that all arranged, Sarah.

-sam