Tuesday, September 9, 2003

I'm about to break-k-k-k-k

So by now, everyone knows that I really love Linkin Park. I had no idea that so many people watched MTV2 over the weekend, but apparently their ratings must've been pretty fucking high since i got hounded at the stellastarr* show about my taste in music (I think i try everything possible to ruin my credibility... and i might've won this time). Yes, I love Linkin Park. Yes, their Hybrid Theory was one of my favorite albums (however, i haven't listened to the new one really at all). Yes, they're one of my favorite bands... but no, i don't think they're one of the best bands of all time. I just like them. I don't know why, but I do.

Tonight Iann will be my date for a long, long, long night of whoa. Starting off with Kill Hannah at Mercury Lounge, then The Hong Kong, stellastarr*, and Ravonettes at Bowery, followed by Yes!Selector at SPRINGSTREET featuring Jarvis Cocker, Carlos De., and Sume Ravonettes. Oh dear. It's one of my drink nights, but since i have to work -- my spin stuff -- i will probably be sober. However, whenever Mat Devine is in the room, there is no staying sober whatsoever. Nope. No way. No how. Oh dear.

This is Mat. Go swoon at him at 7pm at Mercury Lounge. His band is called Kill Hannah. I love them like i love the nightlife.

No comments: