Thursday, April 7, 2005

ADVENTURES IN QUESTIONABLE TASTE IN MUSIC VOLUME 39

I was just doing some research for my coffee table book about playlists and was reminded about Dave Matthews Band's song "Two Step" from, I think, Under the Table and Dreaming. When I was in high school, I didnt have too many friends, or too many friends that listened to the same music as me. Most of them were VERY into the Dead, Phish, and of course, DMB. I remember sitting in my friend Sydney's room while she was having one of her many parties, playing Echo and the Bunnymen on her stereo when someone came in and told me to change it. They put on DMB and I just remained there fucking around on her computer, being anti-social cause i was really uncool and pretty much there only cause I knew Syd since we were 7. Anyway, "Two Step" came on and I couldn't believe it, but I loved it. I copied it to a tape and stuck it on a mix with Radiohead and Echo and the Smiths and other songs I was into at the time. I used to play it when I was working the super early morning shift at the coffee shop where I slaved for the wage.

You might appreciate it if you like Coldplay.

You can listen to some of it here, i think.

It's kind of nice. I think you might be surprised.

No comments: