Saturday, April 9, 2005

I LIKE IT WHEN MUSIC SUPERVISORS READ BLOGS

How else would you explain how MTV's branding dept. decided to use Johnnyboy's "You Are the Generation Who Bought More Shoes and You Get What You Deserve" in a commercial (courtesy of goldenfiddle)? The song is virtually unknown to anyone who doesn't read blogs (or know someone who does). It's been written about on here, stereogum, fluxblog, productshopNYC...

I don't even remember where I got it from in the first place (I think the Killers' manager might've sent it to me), but I play it about 39 times a day sometimes. By the way, it was produced by one of the guys in the Manic Street Preachers, which is a fact that I find interesting.

Speaking of MTV, please set your TiVos to record "Wonder Showzen" on Friday nights. It's a show based on the British comedy show "Kids Show," where they get kids and puppets to do really fucked up shit. In the episode I watched today, they had a blue puppet in a skit called "Let's Rile You Up, Harlem?" As well as a segment done in a news style where a kid tried to investigate the evil corporation called CoCor (say it outloud... it sounds like Cokewhore), and a cartoon about segregation. Last week, a kid went to an old man at a race track and said "Can I immitate you?" when the old man said that he'd like to see that happen, the kid went "gamble, gamble, gamble, gamble, gamble, die." Fucked up shit is awesome.

No comments: