Tuesday, June 21, 2005

PUSSY FOOT

Two weeks ago I went to my friend Brandon's and was a bit nervous before entering his apartment because he had something that I was sure could kill me: a cat. For the past 20 years, I have been insanely allergic to cats. My friend Allison got her cat Yoda when we were younger and I would play with that cat and kiss it and love it, but then I started noticing that I would get all scratchy and ill and have strange bouts of difficulty breathing. It took me a little while to figure out that I was allergic to her cat (because I had never been), and then that's when my allergies started escalating. I could no longer be in the same room as a cat, let along touch one, without my eyes swelling up and feeling like I resembled Sloth from the Goonies. So I stayed away from cats and I stayed away from friends' houses with cats if I could.

So when I went to Brandon's house, I was really hesitant to go inside. His cat greeted us with a bunch of meows (the kind where it sounded like she was saying "HEY HEY! YOU'RE HOME! HI!!!!), and quickly came over and started rubbing herself against me. Brandon's cat is so cute that I couldn't resist. I started petting it a little, then a little more, then a little more, until i was holding the cat and kissing it's head and acting a weeeee bit like Lennie from "Of Mice and Men." And then I sneezed. Once. And that was it. I couldn't believe that I wasn't totally incompacitated and spent the day in total awe that I had touched a cat... no wait, held a cat and kissed it! I've since gone back to his house a couple of times and still i'm not ill. I'm so stoked.

Scott, i'm coming over!

Anyway, the reason for that story was to share this link with you guys of people putting objects on their sleeping cats. This one is apparently on friendster.

No comments: