Monday, September 19, 2005

HERE WE ARE

I would like to start off this post by saying thanks to all my friends who have called, emailed, IMed, etc to check up on me. For those who don't read my brother's blog, my uncle David "DeDe" Lewitinn passed away on Saturday morning. He was my father's little brother, and my dad did everything imaginable to help him survive -- including getting him not one, but TWO heart transplants and a triple bypass surgery. His loss was not a shock, but something like that is never easy to deal with. Particularly when I went to the shiva last night and entered the room to hear my dad say "I want my brother back" while doubled over in tears. Anyone whom knows my father knows that he's not one to show any emotion except that of stone coldness. I know thousands of people died in Katrina, but this is closer to home and has effected me personally. So for those who have reached out to give their condolences, thanks.

ON TO THE GOOD NEWS:

A month ago, Fierce Panda in the UK called to see if I wanted to collaborate with them on a single by the band Apartment. Now, apart from being a huge fan of Apartment (They played the Tarts of Pleasure non-CMJ show last year with the Bravery), I am a HUGE fan of Fierce Panda. In fact, Fierce Panda was the inspiration behind my singles label: Stolen Transmission. FP introduced me to some really amazing bands, and pretty much any time i heard that a band had previously released a single on FP, I knew that they were a group I should take notice of... many of them became my favorites. Such as: Placebo, Idlewild, Coldplay, the Polyphonic Spree, and Supergrass.

So it's with great pleasure that I announce the first ever Stolen Transmission collaboration:

STOLEN TRANSMISSION VS. FIERCE PANDA presents...
APARTMENT


You can buy the collaboration single this week exclusively at their shows. Next week you can purchase it on this website (because all the other orders for the Spinto Band and Nightmare of You will have been shipped by then... thank god.)

Tonight Apartment plays at the Mercury Lounge in NYC at 9:30.
Tomorrow they play in Philly at the Khyber with Towers of London.

The tracks on the release are: "Patience is Proving," "Beyond My Control (live)," and "People."

Watch the video for "Patience is Proving"

Back to Hurricane Katrina: The Tarts of Pleasure and Josh Madden will be DJing a benefit this thursday to help victims of the horrible natural disaster. Please come by and help support:


Location: Buddha Lounge 29 E. 3rd street (Between 2nd and Bowery)
suggested donation is $5

No comments: