Tuesday, September 6, 2005

THERE MIGHT BE SKELETONS IN THE CLOSET...

And flowers in the attic... but everyone knows that Brandon Flowers from the Killers has emerald green eyes.

Also, Idlewild's album Warnings/Promises is out today and really worth getting. Their first and second albums (not including Captain, which even they dont count) are my favorites and this is absolutely up there with them. They're playing tomorrow night at Irving Plaza and then Karen and I are DJing the afterparty at Hiro (which is in the maritime hotel). Please come. It will be fun. The cute lil Scottish boys promised that they'd cut up the rug or something like that. You've been warned.

And now, just because people seem to dig it way more than I ever expected when I DJ this, I thought I'd put the Harvey Danger song "Flagpole Sitta" up for download so you can DJ it also or stick it on a mix tape and be all nostalgic for 1998. To be perfectly honest, HD were pretty underrated in my opinion. Their albums were filled with clever songs that would make any Smiths fan stoked.

Harvey Danger - "Flagpole Sitta"

No comments: