Tuesday, January 10, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE THE OOHLAS



Cy, short for Cyclopes, a kitten born with only one eye and no nose, is shown in this photo provided by its owner in Redmond, Oregon, on Wednesday, Dec. 28, 2005. The kitten, a ragdoll breed, which died after living for one day, was one of two in the litter. Its sibling was born normal and healthy. (AP Photo/Traci Allen)


I've been gone for over a week. Not really gone, but not blogging. I've been a busy busy bee. I've been nearly unreachable because my phone is basically broken (anyone here have a sidekick hookup because i refuse to buy ANOTHER one), and I've cut and dyed my hair. That's my big update.

All day long I listen to demos of the Oohlas and the other bands i'm working with whose names I wont mention til the ink has dried on their contracts. The Oohlas record is shaping up to be a fucking remarkable piece of awesome that I'm going to be so proud to release. Over the weekend Alex AIMed me to let me know that the oohlas were now his favorite band (possibly ever) and that he planned on marrying Oohlas' singer Ollie Tamale. I want to marry her first.

I've been seeing a lot of my friend Gideon lately. Gideon and I were inseprable back in 2001/2002 until work and a girlfriend pretty much got the better part of him and I started to only see him once every few months when he returned back from Afghanistan or Columbia or Iraq where he was working and chasing danger. Now he's escaped gun fire, ran through fields of cocaine, and grew only a few more gray hairs, and is finally home. We've brunced, we've chinatowned, we've brunched some more. Having him back in my life has been a fucking wonderful thing.

I'm not sure if anyone here was a Recover fan, but I've been getting into the singer, Dan Keys' solo work, which is a lot more dance driven. Rob gave me a demo of a song of Dan wrote called "Discoteque" that I DJed a few times at Stolen Transmission and it's been one of those odd songs that just PACKS the dancefloor no matter what. By the time the second chorus kicks in, people are singing along. Rob asked me to not play it anymore since it's a demo, but every friday I see it's name staring at me... it's like a struggle NOT to play it.

Speaking of Stolen Transmission the party, last week was one of the funnest nights for me and Karen, who was hopped up on DayQuil, our new favorite drug past time. Following ST, we had a BLAST at Misshapes, where the two of us were both on hand, seprately, helping out some guest DJs. She was with the fucking adorable Lucas of Maximo Park, and I was with Mikey Way from My Chemical Romance. I don't think Karen and I have had so much fun DJIng in ages. I mean, it started off with a Gay-Off between her, Mikey and Lucas, whom eventually won by dropping Frakie Goes to Hollywood. Mikey won the "holy shit, this song is so good" award by dropping Ace of Base's "the Sign."

Incase you're looking for something to do tonight, I suggest you go to the Darkroom around 11:30 because that's where she and I will be DJing and perhaps some of our special guests will be joining us.

Last night I went to Sushi Samba 7 (my favorite sushi place) with Brandon and Joe Nightmare. It was determined that they can't take me anywhere when I pointed for about 2 minutes at some woman's dinner and said "what is that? that looks so good!" and realized that i was turning into my aunt Jenny. We all are, I realized, when I started thinking about vacation spots based on cuisine. Anyway, Joe proved to the true misfit when he turned to me and brandon and said "Whose dick do i have to suck to get a dessert menu" just as the waiter was doing just that... which is possibly how he and brandon decided that the name of their DJ duo would be COCKS OF PLEASURE.

When the Tarts of Pleasure and the Cocks of Pleasure DJ together, it will be known as the Orgy.

I personally think that The COPs should be known as "Brandon is so far left-wing that he has no ability to see that the New York Post is an institution FOR A REASON and that I don't like it just because i'm a Jew who loves money" but that name is too long.

The Chronicles of Narnia SNL skit is still funny.

The Black Eyed Peas parody was also great.

OK, back to work!
bye!