Tuesday, March 28, 2006

NOTE TO SELF:

... Stop forgetting that you really dislike partying in Miami.

There have been very few times when I've had fun partying in MIA, and usually they involved Joshua M from Revolver. This year, however, there wasn't much salvaging the time.

I did hang out with She Wants Revenge and put things behind us. That was nice.

I did go for 6 mile long walks with some of my favorite boys... long walks along the beach became less of a Personal Ad, and more of a Personal Reality.

Anyway, some crazy things have been happening...

So last week I made a "joke" that the Animal Collective sounded like "a bunch of retards clapping." OK, Ok, i know it's really uncool for me to make fun of the mentally challenged... go ahead and make jokes saying i'm a retard... you're gonna miss the point.

So I made that joke and felt really bad about it, and in order to make me feel better, Brandon said he was gonna start a band called "Retards Have No Rhythm." (for the record, he is a very sensitive person... would never make fun of ANYONE... he was just trying to lift my spirits about my poor description abilities). We joked about the band name, and didn't think more of it.

Then a day later he calls me up to tell me about this really intersting person he met on the road. Apparently the man used to be in the Army where he would jump out of helicopters while high on Acid. Now, he's not in the army anymore and just teaches 5-year-old down syndrome kids how to play drums. When He told me that last bit, my heart and mind started racing. It all seemed so oddly coincedental.

This afternoon I was checking myspace and seeing who requested me as their friend. I did a breif overview and spotted a familliar name. It caused me to write the person this following email:

From: ultragrrrl
Date: Mar 27, 2006 9:11 AM

this is going to sound really dark, and i'm sorry if it bums you out, but whe I was 8 years old, a good friend of mine died of brain cancer, and she had the same name as you.

about 10 years ago i went to a seance and the psychic told me that i had a guardian angel. described jenny, and i was floored.

anyway, you asked me to be your myspace friend, and part of me wonders if that is a sign.

-sarah


and her response went as following... brace yourself:

Date: Mar 27, 2006 12:29 PM
Subject: RE: hi
Body: weirder still is that my sister died of brain cancer in october.


Does anyone know anything about this sort of thing? Like the constant occurances of coincedence? I feel like I'm on LOST.

Oh, I forgot to add... the other night I went to dinner with a ton of friends. When the bill came, someone grabbed it (before reading it... while it was in the black folder) and said "OK, how much do you think it is?"
I blurted out "$380."
The guy looked at the bill and put it down in disbelief... I was off by $8. The bill was $388.

I've been telling Brandon lately that I'm psychic, and he plays along and tells people the same thing, but i think we're both starting to see something weird happening around us.

No comments: