Monday, January 5, 2004

MARC SPITZ BOOK READING

Sometimes people ask me why i promote Marc's book so much on this site. Well, the reason is because it's good. And I'm proud of him. And if you did something that i thought was fantastic, i'd promote it too. Also, Marc is the Max Martin to my Britney Spears.

WHO: Marc Spitz reading from that book he wrote last year about the Smiths
WHY: Cause the organizer of a new reading series at Barbes asked him to
WHEN: Tuesday, January 6 at 7 PM
WHERE: Barbes  376 9th Street (corner of 6th Ave) Park Slope/Brooklyn (go to www.barbesbrooklyn.com or www.marcspitz.com for more info)
MARC ANNOYS ME, WHY SHOULD I COME: There are two other readers (three actually) Will Leitch (Life as a Loser), and Jeff Sharlet with Peter Manseau (Killing the Buddha), also you can say to yourself while I read a bit about Johnny Marr ("I hear Johnny Marr actually has this book in his possession now and commented that it looks 'Very interesting."  Cause he fucking did!!!!!) Also...it's a bar so if you hate me, get drunk and heckle me. Actually, I will pick up the first heckler's bar tab.
You know, before kicking his ass.
ARE ALL YOUR DREAMS MADE WHEN YOU'RE CHAINED TO THE MIRROR AND THE RAZOR BLADE?: Yes. Yes, they are.

No comments: