Monday, November 24, 2003

It's time we saw a miracle...

Muse's "Apocalypse Please" is easily the grandest piece of music I've ever heard in my life. It's huge. It's a beast. It's one of the greatest songs I've heard in ages. You need to hear it. But like, you need to hear it on a really good pair of headphones and you dont even need to be stoned -- though that probably wouldn't hurt. There are no prominant guitars in this song, it's all piano driven and about the ... uh... well, Apocalypse, but not in an entirely cheesy way. Just sort of in a way that this song very well could make the apocalypse look really awesome and movie-like. In a movie, the world would be saved by someone miscast by Jerry Bruckheimer.

I listened to this song about 7 times last night trying to point out all the different parts to myself, miming the piano playing, air drumming, singing along like i'm some crazed politician giving the final speach. I feel like Mozart when i hear this.

Even Barry the Scottish liked it, and he HATES Muse. Now all I have to do is convert the delightful Rob S.

Send me an IM and i'll AIM the song to you. My AIM is Ultragrrrl.

No comments: