Monday, December 13, 2004

WE LOOK TO LOS ANGELES FOR THE LANGUAGE WE USE... LONDON IS DEAD

Ah, Viva Morrissey. I'm too much in love with him. He manages to be incredibly British, but at the same time, LA. I think it's the Smiths Vs. Morrissey aspect. The Smiths are about being dark, hopeless, melancholic... much like England. Much like the dark, gray, melancholic England with their carpeted bathrooms (seriously british people, what THE FUCK is up with the carpeted bathrooms? where in your minds did you think "ok, this room is gonna get really wet and soggy constantly from a shower, so let's carpet it and see what grows!" ... or was there no concern cause you don't really shower that much?). Morrissey is melancholic but hopeful. Like, here I am, penniless and talentless, but i'm gonna make it, even if it means mopping these tiled bathrooms of these famous people.

Anyway... My point is that I'm in Los Angeles today. I'll be here for a week. I've rented a giant white truck from Enterprise and I've been driving around from Starbucks to Starbucks, it seems.

Tomorrow night, I'll be DJing at Cinespace and The Oohlas will be playing at around 10:30pm.

Here's the flyer:

No comments: