Thursday, October 19, 2006

WE PRETEND LIKE WE'RE HUSBAND AND WIFE (BORAT VOICE)

Brandon (nightmare of you) is playing a secret solo show tonight at Maxwells in Hoboken at about 10:30pm... playing after him is the best fucking band out of canada since the Arcade Fire -- Tokyo Police Club.

When you're standing next to me... it's TOKYO POLICE CLUB!

Lastnight i saw them play with the Spinto Band and Art Brut and spent the majority of the time dancing like i was 23 years old again!

Tonight I'm going to be rushing back to the Annex after the show because we're doing the Art Brut AFTERPARTY! I think one of the dudes is DJing. I also think that one of the Lost Prophet dudes are djing, but karen isnt picking up her phone for me to confirm this.

There's also a secret Yeah Yeah Yeahs show at Bowery Ballroom. I wonder where they'll be afterthe show.....

i'm trying to figure out if i wanna go down to Atlantic City for the killers show on saturday or stay in town and go to the SNL after party since MCR is playing. Seriously, I'm stoked that this is something i'm dealing with... but i wish that was it. Sometimes people have one of those days that is comically bad, and this is one of those days for me. I can't wait to wake up on saturday and be like "how do i party tonight?" Something stupidly simple like that. No marketing plans. No sales analysis stuff. No show drama. It's all worth it at the end of the day because i love my job, i love my bands, i love music. i'm just a typical nycmusiclover. But sometimes I wanna take peyote and sit in a sweat tent like John Locke did on LOST last night, and see someone like Boone talking to me.

I love Boone. Even though he's dead.

Anyway, my label's merch store is up and we've got a super deal going with Bright Light Fever and the Horrors. Both for $12!

Speaking of LOST -- I'm so impressed with last nigth's project runway collections. Jeffery and Uli both did a STANDUP job with their showings... i want the first dress of Jeffery's collection (wow, i'm not even calling him necktattoo guy), and a few items of Uli's collection. God bless!

OK, Gideon Yago sold a screenplay. He has literally been telling me for the past 5 years that he was gonna be writing a screenplay and sell it. I thought he was full of shit, just like i did when he said he was gonna be an MTV VJ. I guess I should stop that. Anyway, I'm very proud of my little dude.

By the way, last night I was on my way home and stressed out of my mind -- skipping from song to song, trying to find something that would relax me, and the only thing that really did the trick at that very moment was Beirut's "Postcards from Italy." I'm trying to find it on myspace, but i'm having issues, please post a comment if you can help... but, BUY THE SONG. seriously. do it.

OK, i'm outta here, fools.

love, sarah

ps. the stolen transmission cmj party is gonna have the following bands: this moment in black history (aka the best band name ever), the films, the assassins, the photo atlas and the horrors. SHIIIIIIIT.

pps:

No comments: